While the weather in Texas may not show it, Fall is upon us! Which means so are the seasonal veggies! My favorite vegetable to incorporate into my meals during this season is BUTTERNUT SQUASH! I realize it is technically a winter squash but it’s abundant starting in the early fall.
Thus, I whipped up a harvest bowl with butternut squash being the highlight and it ended up being a winner! It’s easy, fast, delicious and healthy… I mean, what else can you ask for?
I made it just last week and I’m already making a second batch, per my mother’s request 😊
Ok, let’s get to the recipe!
- *Serves 2-4*
- Prep Time: 5-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 12-24 OZ Butternut Squash – cubed (I buy mine at Trader Joe’s: pre-cubed, pre-washed) (1-2 packs)
- .8-.16 OZ Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms (1 – 2 packs)
- .5 OZ Organic Spinach (adjust to preference)
- 1 Cup uncooked Quinoa
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- Olive oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Pink Himalayan Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Oregano to taste
- Garlic Power to taste
- Cube butternut squash (if you didn’t buy pre-cut)
- Rinse quinoa and mushrooms
- Toss 2-3 tbsp of olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano over the butternut squash and pop it into the oven. Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until tender. Toss half way through.
- While the butternut squash is baking, start cooking the quinoa!
- Cook 1 cup of quinoa with 2 cups of vegetable broth: Follow the directions on the package of your quinoa (should take about 20 for total cook time)
- 10-15 minutes before the quinoa and butternut squash are done, start cooking the mushrooms!
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a pan over medium heat and sauté garlic until lightly browned.
- Add mushrooms and sauté on medium to low heat until they are nicely caramelized – season with pink salt
- Add Spinach to the mushrooms, garlic and olive oil at the very end
- Combine in a bowl and enjoy!
Tip: Drizzle some of the cooked down juice from the garlic, mushroom and olive oil over the top of your bowl
Ta-Da! A simple, healthy and delicious meal that’s easy to prep for the week or enjoy around the table with your family!
I love creating yummy recipes that are convenient but also nourishing. Sign up for my Newsletter to have more recipes like these sent straight your e-mail so you don’t miss out!
Happy Holidays & Happy Healing!
P.S. Don’t forget to tag me on Facebook or Instagram sharing a picture of your final dish! #BoldlyBalanced